Conducting property inspections with a well respected Spanish property agent helps to ensure you receive accurate answers to key questions, such as:
Why is viewing property with a reputable agent so important?
- Is this a good area for rentals?
- How much is the cost of living?
- Are property prices rising here?
- How close am I to key amenities such as shops, bus routes, doctors etc?
- Is this a sensible buy based on my needs?
In addition to helpful and unbiased advice, a trustworthy agent who is employed by a firm such as Spanish Legal Homes, will recognise a ‘hard sell’ does not work.
It is only a professional approach, where the desires of the property hunter are carefully matched with the property type, its cost and location that will be successful.
Can I just view properties by myself?
If you go it alone and choose to view properties with multiple agents, you will risk viewing the same properties, as some resale and new development Spanish properties can be listed with numerous agents. Also, less credible agents may choose to limit the properties they show, to ones that offer the biggest sales commission.
As a registered property agent with AIPP, we must make sure that all the appropriate paperwork is completed, that you have suitable legal representation and have the adequate finances in place to enable you to receive your deeds (Escitura) once the purchase is safely completed.
How do I view property in Spain?
Seen a property online you like? You wouldn’t buy a property in the UK online before viewing it first, so don’t do it in Spain. In order to view property, you need to visit Spain and get a feel for the area and step inside the property(ies) you’re interested in.
At Spanish Legal Homes, we organise property viewing trips to Spain which run over 3-4 days and allow you to view a variety of properties within your chosen areas, stipulated budget and that match your specified requirements.
Why should I go on a viewing trip?
A viewing trip encompasses all principal elements that need to be considered when buying Spanish property. We organise:
- Relaxed property viewings in your budget & requirements, with no pressure to buy
- Show you the local area & key amenities including shops, public transport stops & hospitals
- Take you to lunch & dinner in the area to get a taste of the stunning Mediterranean cuisine & atmosphere
- Pick you up from the airport & provide private transport to all property viewings & evening activities
- Book you into a 3-4* hotel accommodation with en-suite facilities & breakfast included
- Organised meetings with independent, fully registered English speaking solicitors & Spanish banks if required
- Offer you full use of our showrooms & offices
- Access to our award winning after-sales team, if you decide to buy
What is the typical itinerary on a viewing trip?
Your typical 3-4 day Spanish properties viewing trip involves everything mentioned above, although can be adapted to suit individual schedules, timings and most requests.
Please note, viewing trip participants are required to have an available budget of at least €125,000. If you require assistance to source finance, please see our finance page.